Florida Foam for oily skin

A gentle cleanser is an important part of everyone's rosacea regime. Find out here which ones work for you.

Florida Foam for oily skin

Postby dontwakemeup » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:38 pm

I have recently started seeing a dermatologist for my rosacea and am still in the process of finding what works for me. I am on a fairly high dose of Doxy to get my skin under control, a sulphur wash and finacea. When I visited my derm this past week, my only complaint was that my skin is extremely oily. So oily that you can see the oil puddling at each pore and in the morning, my face is an oil slick. My skin has always been oily but this was on the verge of being ridiculous! The derm seemed puzzled and said she had never heard of these products causing oily skin but I know what I have been experiencing. She said she would give me some samples of Florida Foam and if I liked it I could call the number on the package and order it directly from the company. I washed my face with it and it's not a foam but a gel. I put finacea on after it and my skin was extremely tight so the next day I didn't apply the finacea directly afterward. In just 3 days, this stuff has reduced the amount of oiliness on my face and now I think I'll just use it every other day.

I have searched the forum to see what others have to say about it but can't find any mention of it. However, I found quite a few people with the same oiliness issues that I have and thought I would mention it. I went to the website to see if I could order some and apparently this is such a new product that the website is still under construction and it said all products are on backorder. It had a phone number and I haven't called since I still have more of the samples the derm gave me. Just thought I would mention something that I found that worked and I haven't seen mentioned before. (clapping)
dontwakemeup
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Florida Foam for oily skin

Postby Mike T » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:20 am

Thanks for the heads up (yes)

I guess the only thing i would add is the general advice i give to anyone trying any new topical:

Apply it on only a small section of your Rosacea affected skin and then increase the area of application subject to gauging the effects of the subsequent one.

This will localise any negative reactions.

This method should be used for all topicals no matter how "natural" or "gentle" they claim to be, particularily if you have very sensitive skin or are recovering from a recent reaction.

Regards,

Mike
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby paul132 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Thanks. Do you have a phone number or web page to contact Florida Foam?
Paul
paul132
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby LoisAnne » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:59 pm

Please note that the post previous to yours was written in March, 2011. That poster may not still be reading this forum. You can perhaps google the Florida Foam yourself and get a website or phone #. I just did not want you waiting for a reply that may not be forthcoming.

Good luck
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Return to Cleansers