Aveeno Ultra Calming

A gentle cleanser is an important part of everyone's rosacea regime. Find out here which ones work for you.

Re: Aveeno Ultra Calming

Postby bellableu » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:09 pm

I remember doing a search for someone else for UK sources of CeraVe products - both Amazon.co.uk & Dermadoctor.com carried them (Dermadoctor also ships to UK). :)
Subtypes I, II, IV - mild to moderate

“You do what you do because that’s what the harmony of the universe requires." ~ Ram Dass
bellableu
Moderator Team

Postby Scobie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:50 pm

bellableu wrote:I remember doing a search for someone else for UK sources of CeraVe products - both Amazon.co.uk & Dermadoctor.com carried them (Dermadoctor also ships to UK). :)

Thank you bellableu, should be able to get it then, great. Scobie
Scobie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby bellableu » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:38 am

Please do let us know how you fare - it would be a big help to other UK-ers. :)
Subtypes I, II, IV - mild to moderate

“You do what you do because that’s what the harmony of the universe requires." ~ Ram Dass
bellableu
Moderator Team

Postby Scobie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:04 am

bellableu wrote:I remember doing a search for someone else for UK sources of CeraVe products - both Amazon.co.uk & Dermadoctor.com carried them (Dermadoctor also ships to UK). :)

Not sure about the Aveeno stuff now, have read mixed reviews about it. Can someone recommended something that will help take away my permantly red face and maybe help the thread veins as well, as I have said before, I don't have any p&p's, just redness all the time which gets worse when I am hot or too warm.

Don't know what to do............ (redface)
Scobie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby fanny » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi
Some people have had success with Triderma redness relief. It is an aloe based product and not that expensive. i hasten to add I am not associated with the product in any way!
take care
fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby Scobie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:31 pm

fanny wrote:Hi
Some people have had success with Triderma redness relief. It is an aloe based product and not that expensive. i hasten to add I am not associated with the product in any way!
take care
fanny

Hello again Fanny, thanks for taking the time to try and help me. I have looked for the Triderma cream but it does not seem to be available here in the UK, when I tried Amazon.co.uk the only Cream that was coming up was Eucerin, is this the same product under a different name ?
Scobie
Scobie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:31 am

Scobie wrote:

Not sure about the Aveeno stuff now, have read mixed reviews about it. Can someone recommended something that will help take away my permantly red face and maybe help the thread veins as well, as I have said before, I don't have any p&p's, just redness all the time which gets worse when I am hot or too warm.

Someone correct me, please, if I'm wrong, but I don't think a regular moisturizer can take away the redness or the thread veins. If you are irritated and red from products, or dryness, a soothing gentle cream can of course improve the redness in that fashion. Did that make sense? Thread veins, in fact, usually have to be zapped by a laser.

You know, I have been trying Clinique Redness Solutions Cleanser and Night Cream....they're quite nice! Do they have Clinique in the UK? Maybe you can try some samples. Spot-test anything, please.

Eucerin has a line for redness also. They contain licorice, which can soothe a bit.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Scobie » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:49 am

CrabbyCathy wrote:
Scobie wrote:

Someone correct me, please, if I'm wrong, but I don't think a regular moisturizer can take away the redness or the thread veins. If you are irritated and red from products, or dryness, a soothing gentle cream can of course improve the redness in that fashion. Did that make sense? Thread veins, in fact, usually have to be zapped by a laser.

You know, I have been trying Clinique Redness Solutions Cleanser and Night Cream....they're quite nice! Do they have Clinique in the UK? Maybe you can try some samples. Spot-test anything, please.

Eucerin has a line for redness also. They contain licorice, which can soothe a bit.

Thanks Cathy, yes we do have Clinique here in the UK, will see what I can find.
Thanks again, have a nice weekend.
Scobie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby fanny » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi
Triderama is not the same as Eucerin, Have you looked on the Dermadoctor site, it has some products worth trying available.
Best wishes
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:35 am

Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

PreviousNext

Return to Cleansers