Aveeno Ultra Calming

A gentle cleanser is an important part of everyone's rosacea regime. Find out here which ones work for you.

Re: Aveeno Ultra Calming

Postby Mike T » Tue May 25, 2010 8:37 am

I totally agree with the advice from Cathy.

I have many a time tried something new a few days before an occasion, in the hope of getting my face that bit more clearer, and then spent the next few days using my steroid cream to frantically clear up the reaction.
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby Lilly78 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:13 pm

I will definitely make sure :) . It really is tempting to try other things, but I really like my face when it's not burning and itching and miserable *lol*. And knowing me, I will have the temptation to find something weeks before the wedding. I'll remember the advice here and make sure I don't try anything new! :D
Lilly78
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Wed May 26, 2010 5:06 am

Mike T wrote:I have many a time tried something new a few days before an occasion, in the hope of getting my face that bit more clearer, and then spent the next few days using my steroid cream to frantically clear up the reaction.

(rock) <-------There's no "high five" symbol. Me too! And it seems sometimes I never learn.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Aurelia » Wed May 26, 2010 12:36 pm

Lilly78 wrote:I am getting married next year and I decided to really start tackling my rosacea ...

Warmest congratulations! What a wonderfully exciting time this will be for you!

Congratulations also on finding a very good regime, and thanks for sharing it with other rosaceans.

One little suggestion: you might want to bear in mind that rosacea often flares up when people are under stress, as happens with many other illnesses. If you are planning a big wedding, perhaps aim at making all of the plans really early, then delegate handling last-minute problems to someone else?

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby Scobie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:20 am

Hi, I am a male and new to this community and have found it very helpful so far, just one thing, a lot of the products suggested by 'members' are not available here in the UK, (I am in fact from Northern Ireland), such as Linda Sy's Tinted ZincO Cream SPF20, Prosacea plus many others, can anyone help ?

I do not have any P&P's just a very red face all the time which gets worse when I excercise and get too warm, face really lights up like a beacon. I have had this for many years and have not had much help from any Doctors I have seen, I would be greatful if someone could help me with a cleanser for my face and something to calm down the redness. (that is available in the UK please)

PLEASE HELP.
Scobie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Scobie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:24 am

Hi, I am a male and new to this community and have found it very helpful so far, just one thing, a lot of the products suggested by 'members' are not available here in the UK, (I am in fact from Northern Ireland), such as Linda Sy's Tinted ZincO Cream SPF20, Prosacea plus many others, can anyone help ?

I do not have any P&P's just a very red face all the time which gets worse when I excercise and get too warm, face really lights up like a beacon. I have had this for many years and have not had much help from any Doctors I have seen, I would be greatful if someone could help me with a cleanser for my face and something to calm down the redness. (that is available in the UK please)

PLEASE HELP.
Scobie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby fanny » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi
Welcome, I am based in the US so I have no experience with what is available in the UK. Have you tried Amazon UK for the items you mention?
Best wishes
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby Scobie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:15 pm

fanny wrote:Hi
Welcome, I am based in the US so I have no experience with what is available in the UK. Have you tried Amazon UK for the items you mention?
Best wishes
Fanny

Thanks Fanny I will try Amazon UK and let you know how I get on. Thanks for your help. Scobie
Scobie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:58 am

drugstore.com also ships worldwide, I believe :) and Paula's Choice, which I like a few products from.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Scobie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:36 am

CrabbyCathy wrote:drugstore.com also ships worldwide, I believe :) and Paula's Choice, which I like a few products from.

Thanks Cathy, will give it a go. Rodney
Scobie
I'm new here
I'm new here

PreviousNext

Return to Cleansers