Aveeno Ultra Calming

A gentle cleanser is an important part of everyone's rosacea regime. Find out here which ones work for you.

Aveeno Ultra Calming

Postby maddiehope » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:41 pm

I was at the Target yesterday buying my sexy new (METALLIC RED) microwave and looked at their skin care. I've seen the Aveeno Ultra Calming before, but never tried it. I bought the cleanser and the moisturizer and used it this morning.

While my face is still red and oily, the skin doesn't feel as jumpy or angry as it was before, so it may be working. Will be at least a week before I might see any results, so I'll keep y'all posted.
maddiehope
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Aveeno Ultra Calming

Postby Lisamouries » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Hi. Aveeno gets mixed reviews usually so if it works for you than that's great news. Which spf does it have as I think the ingredients are different between spf 15 and spf 30...

Begginforhelp wrote this:
I thought about using Aveeno because they advertise it to be good for rosacea, and also because their spf 30 seems to have a different formula than the spf 15. Different in the sense that it's fragrance free and it contains titanium dioxide, which for us is important.

Here is a thread with reviews on it:
http://rosacea-support.org/aveeno-ultra ... erfew.html
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby maddiehope » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:25 pm

I got 15 because it was cheaper and I was afraid 30 would be too heavy. Hope I didn't screw up there.
maddiehope
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Lisamouries » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Perhaps begginforhelp will enlighten us.
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby CrabbyCathy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:50 am

I think spf 15 is fine if it's for driving to and from work, or running some quick errands, not if you're going to spend hours in the sun.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby begginforhelp » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Hello all. Yes, as far as I know they are 2 different formulas. I think the spf 15 contains avobenzone, and the spf 30 contains titanium dioxide. Please let me know how it goes for you with these products. I still haven't purchased them out of fear, but the more other products fail the more I am tempted to try them. Keep us updated. I, like you, have the "wonderful" combo of sensitive AND oily skin.
begginforhelp
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby maddiehope » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:58 pm

I've been using the calming stuff for about a week now (still the SPF 15), and it didn't really seem to be doing much until I started cleansing my face with witch hazel then slathering on some 100% Aloe before bed. I've done this the past two nights and it has really helped. My face is still red, but not as much. Also, my skin has been taking a bit longer to get oily. It's a grease slick right now, but it is the end of the day and I didn't notice it (mine is so bad, I FEEL the grease build-up on my face) until about an hour ago.

Am going to the natural store either today or tomorrow and I'm going to get some more chamomile flowers, licorice root, lavendar, and green tea. I'm going to make a toner out of it (along with a very little bit of tea tree oil for the antiseptic action) and add that to the regimen. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
maddiehope
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Aurelia » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:38 am

Hi,

maddiehope wrote:Am going to the natural store either today or tomorrow and I'm going to get some more chamomile flowers, licorice root, lavendar, and green tea. I'm going to make a toner out of it (along with a very little bit of tea tree oil for the antiseptic action) and add that to the regimen. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Please do ... and please consider posting it in this section:

viewforum.php?f=34

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby Lilly78 » Tue May 25, 2010 7:47 am

I am getting married next year and I decided to really start tackling my rosacea, which as of late has become increasingly problematic. A friend gave me a facial cleanser two days ago that inflamed my face terribly. I decided after much research to try Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizing Cream Cleanser followed by Prosacea two to three times a day. In two days, my skin tone has evened out, the redness is almost completely gone, and save for a couple of bumps here and there, the breakouts are gone. I am extremely happy that after many years I have found a cleanser that I actually look forward to using. And the Prosacea is wonderful. I live in a hot, humid environment that is very sunny, so when I go out, I make sure I wash my face, apply the Prosacea, wait a few minutes for it to completely absorb into the skin, and then I use a little bit of BeautiControl Cell Block C spf 20 on my face as sunscreen. This regimen however, I believe would be not working to keep the discomfort of rosacea down without using something gentle enough to clean my face with, and the Aveeno cleanser is definitely it. (dance2)
Lilly78
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Tue May 25, 2010 8:07 am

Lilly78 wrote:I am getting married next year and I decided to really start tackling my rosacea, which as of late has become increasingly problematic. A friend gave me a facial cleanser two days ago that inflamed my face terribly. I decided after much research to try Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizing Cream Cleanser followed by Prosacea two to three times a day. In two days, my skin tone has evened out, the redness is almost completely gone, and save for a couple of bumps here and there, the breakouts are gone. I am extremely happy that after many years I have found a cleanser that I actually look forward to using. And the Prosacea is wonderful. I live in a hot, humid environment that is very sunny, so when I go out, I make sure I wash my face, apply the Prosacea, wait a few minutes for it to completely absorb into the skin, and then I use a little bit of BeautiControl Cell Block C spf 20 on my face as sunscreen. This regimen however, I believe would be not working to keep the discomfort of rosacea down without using something gentle enough to clean my face with, and the Aveeno cleanser is definitely it. (dance2)

This is great! I know what it's like to finally find something soothing and just perfect for you.

Be extra, extra careful the weeks before your wedding to stick to your own routine and not throw in something new and exciting. (That's what tempts me) :)
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Next

Return to Cleansers