Aveeno Ultra Calming

A gentle cleanser is an important part of everyone's rosacea regime. Find out here which ones work for you.

Re: Aveeno Ultra Calming

Postby after-exile » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:59 pm

Have they stopped making Aveeno ultra calming with feverfews. I used it all the time and now can't seem to find it anywhere. In the meantime I just came across a soap from the health store. It's called Grandpa's thylox soap with sulfur. I hear alot of talk about sulfur so I decided to try it.
Anyone ever use it ?
after-exile
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:56 am

My drugstores still have it (CVS and Walgreen's), along with my local Target stores.....maybe your local stores decided to remove the line for some reason? Aveeno's website doesn't say anything about discontinuing the line. Drugstore.com has 4 of the products, and they have free shipping over $25 :)

I haven't heard of or used that particular soap, but just be cautious. Soap can be harsh, not to mention the sulfur it contains. Please spot test to be sure you don't have a reaction to any of the ingredients.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby RedRoses » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:02 am

My rosacea is far worse in winter. The cold air makes my face sting, get flakey, turn red, etc. The Aveena Ultra Calming Cleanser was a god send last winter. It removed my make, removed oil, but didn't make my skin dry.

I am using it now that it's summer and I haven't noticed my skin getting too oily. However, I have turned 50 and although I still have oily skin (!!!!!) and pimples (!!!!!) I am not sure I could have used this cleanser even 5 years ago. It might have had too much moisturizer.

I use a bar of white soap for Sensitive Skin in the shower on my face in the morning, and the Aveeno at bed time. I can't remember what brand the bar of soap is; it's a common one at the grocery store (Dove? Oil of Olay??)
RedRoses
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby cinder » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:41 pm

New here, so Hello everyone!
I have a question....
I was using Dermaglow Foam Cleanser for Sensitive skin, which seemed to be working OK, but then Dermaglow stopped making the sesitive skin formula...or maybe the local stores stopped carrying it. I used the regular foam cleanser for about a month and my skin got redder and I began to get more P and P's which I had thought I had beat. Also,, my skin was dry and tight,afterwards.

I've decided to get reallyserious about tackling my Rosacea so I've been trying different products (in trial size form). Everything seemed to sting or be tight on my face after it dried.

Last week, my Dr. prescribed me Doxycycline (SP?) and Finacea. With the Finacea being as drying as I thought it was going to be, I decided I needed a moisturizing cleanser. I came on this forum, where I lurk a lot! and saw you all talking about Aveeno Ultra Calming products. Went to the store and bought the cream cleaner.

It actually feels NICE when you use it..no pulling or tugging and rinses off well. I then put the Finacea on the areas that needed it and waited 1/2 an hour.

Finally I come to my question...after I put the Finacea on, how long do I have to wait to put my moisturizer on? I'm using Tolerane which is working for me so far.

Thanks, Cinder
PS...this Aveeno line also has tinted moisturizer...anyone ever tried it? And do you rub it into your skin like regular moisturizer or just keep it on the surface, like regular foundation?
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby fanny » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi
I am loving finacea for the dreaded p and ps, I wait about 20 minutes before putting a moisturiser on. I have tried Aveeno products but did not like them, so hopefully one of our members can help out with your questions.
Take care
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby Bumps » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:21 pm

I like the Aveeno cleansers and moisturizers. Another good choice for mild cleansers is CeraVe. Very mild.
Bumps
I'm new here
I'm new here

Previous

Return to Cleansers