Is La Roche Posay Toleriane the best

A gentle cleanser is an important part of everyone's rosacea regime. Find out here which ones work for you.

Re: Is La Roche Posay Toleriane the best

Postby Lisamouries » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:57 am

Mikel wrote:What is Saw palmetto for ?

Well for some reason the Saw Palmetto helps with flushing. Sometimes I forget to take it and after a few days I feel myself flush again. It's very strange. A few members here use it following Artist's thread on the subject.

Regarding the Saw Palmetto. I'd run that one by my doctor, too. It's an over the counter supplement, but there can always be interactions with other supplements or drugs. I think Saw Palmetto can thin the blood, you will want to be extra cautious if you already take a blood thinner like Aspirin, ibuprofen, Warfarin, etc.. It may interact/interfere with hormone medications, birth control pills, hair loss medications, and prostate medications (for BPH). So far, I've noticed that I bruise a little more easily and it sometimes gives me mild stomach upset if I take it without food. It works best if I take two every morning with breakfast.

I started taking two of the Trader Joe's version, which also has Selenium and Vit D. Those capsules have 160mg Saw Palmetto each, so I was taking 320mg per day. I switched to the Solary brand, which is also 160mg each. I take two each morning. It doesn't work as well for me if I take one in the am and one in the pm. I seem to have to take them both in the morning for the benefit. The Trader Joe's brand caused some stomach discomfort, so I switched to the Solaray brand and my stomach feels better with it.
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby simba01 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:17 am

I have been using Cetaphil cleansing lotion from Gladerma for the past 4 years. I thought it is the best I can get until recently when I tried La Roche Toleriane. Though La Roche Toalriane is 10 times the cost for me I think its worth it if it lasts 6 months.

I recommend it from my experience. Please feel free to mail me if needed.
Recently returned to Asia from US and regret not been able to buy La Roche from there.
simba01
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby sassyone » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:03 pm

La Roche Posay Toleraine Ultra Fluide Non Oily Emulsion is the only moisturizer I have found that doesn't break me out. That's because others claim to be non-comedogenic but actually contain several pore clogging ingredients--some even irritants. CeraVe, for example, has an ingredient that is 5/5 on the comedogenic rating scale. Cetaphil has comedogenic ingredients and irritants. Dermatologists are not knowledgeable about every single ingredient in a product, but I research each and every one. The Toleraine line has minimal ingredients. I have not tried their face washes. I know that the cream one gets very good reviews. Personally, I use Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water because my nose goes beet red when washed the traditional way. I do use a damp cotton pad on my face after the micellar water to rinse it off, but it's not necessary. Personal preference. Toleraine has more hydrating moisturizers, but then you're getting into more ingredients and a richer consistency. You would have to see if your skin can tolerate that. It's a very soothing moisturizer that absorbs nicely. I would never use another and was so thankful to have finally found something for my rosacea sensitive skin that didn't make me break out in rosacea or clog my pores. Highly recommend.
sassyone
I'm new here
I'm new here

Previous

Return to Cleansers