Is La Roche Posay Toleriane the best

A gentle cleanser is an important part of everyone's rosacea regime. Find out here which ones work for you.

Is La Roche Posay Toleriane the best

Postby Mikel » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:21 pm

I have been reading the threads and it seems most people here swear by Toleriane.

I was wondering if any body tried the Toleriane Foaming Cleanser ?
Also, is the Toleriane Fluid really worth the money as it does not have any anti oxidants at all ? (sweat)
Current Regimen: Himalaya Organique Neem & Turmeric face Wash /Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (Day)Cerave Moisturizing Lotion + Metrogel (Night)
Mikel
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: Is La Roche Posay Toleriane the best

Postby Mikel » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:39 pm

I'm very disappointed with the responses and this board as such. The psoriasis board or most other boards get plenty of responses.
m I on the wrong Rosacea Board, Is there another message board for Rosacea that is actually active ? (snob)
Current Regimen: Himalaya Organique Neem & Turmeric face Wash /Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (Day)Cerave Moisturizing Lotion + Metrogel (Night)
Mikel
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Aurelia » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:17 pm

Hello Mikel,

You are certainly blunt. (shocked) I'm sorry that you are disappointed with us, but the great thing about there being a whole range of rosacea boards is that we all have an excellent chance of finding one that will suit our requirements and temperaments.

The Rosacea Forum is much busier and I'm sure you will be happier there:
http://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_Forum/

Goodbye, and I wish you the very best of luck in the future.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby Mikel » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:27 pm

Thank You for the Link but I continue to exist here.
This is the problem with all forums. The Moderators start playing God after a while. Do not fool yourself. You do not decide whether i choose to stay or go.
Save the goodbye for someone else.

I never meant it as an offense. i actually thought this is an inactive forum.
God save the moderator!
Mikel
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Aurelia » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:27 am

Mikel,

Your response is astonishing. We moderators don't "play God" and I wasn't ordering you to leave. You wanted to know of a livelier board and I gave you a link to the one most likely to suit your request. It was intended to be helpful. (speechless)

There are many rosacea boards. Some are quiet, some are busy, many are oriented towards one particular treatment, some are soft, some are a free-for-all where anything goes. The two Rosacea Support boards (direct-posting and e-mail) were set up specifically to be supportive and friendly. Friendliness is a requirement.

I won't respond to you again, but would just suggest that you read the statement 'How the community conducts itself', written by the board owner, David Pascoe:

This board aims to build friendships and be a positive influence for those who suffer from rosacea.

We borrow our guidelines from Rotary International - the following guidelines are called the 4 way test of the things we think, say or do.

Is it the truth ?
Is it fair to all concerned ?
Will it build goodwill and better friendships ?
Will it be beneficial to all concerned ?

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=689

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:11 am

Mikel wrote:I'm very disappointed with the responses and this board as such. The psoriasis board or most other boards get plenty of responses.
m I on the wrong Rosacea Board, Is there another message board for Rosacea that is actually active ? (snob)

If I could add my two cents in, you must realize that maybe people haven't answered because they don't know the answer, haven't tried the product, are busy working, are tired, have a sick family member, have small children.....I could go on and on. I actually did read your post, but didn't reply because I have not used that particular cleanser, and didn't think a post of "I haven't actually used it, but...." would be that great; I hoped someone who used the product would answer.

The Moderators on this board do not "play God", and 99.9% of the people on this board are friendly, helpful and supportive. It's honestly best to refrain from rudeness, in general and especially if one wishes to remain on this board for help, etc. People are much more apt to respond favorably and openly.

That being said, everyone deserves a second chance, but there are no third chances.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Lisamouries » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:03 am

To come back to the question is La Roche Posay Toleriane the best? Well I find using tap water difficult as it aggravates my condition. I much prefer a the tissue off, no rinse necessary cleanser called Toleriane Dermo Cleanser. Avéne's Extremely gentle cleanser, no rinse, tissue-off formula fragrance-fee, sensitive and irritated skin also works for me.

La Roche Posay do some very good products but you'll need to do trial patches on your skin to check it is appropriate for you personally to use as we all (sadly) react differently.

I am sorry I couldn't answer before as I usually am quite busy working and have a family to look after at weekends as Cathy so helpfully pointed out. We are all normal people who lead busy lives despite bad skin... we try to help others where we can through our own experience and do this out of our own free time. I hope you will come back to us with any comments regarding your own experience on your skin care routine as this might help someone else.

Regards.
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby Mikel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:35 am

Hi, Thank You for your kind words. I'm just getting introduced to this board but rest assured that I will be actively responding to all that I can.
I will look up Avene, as mentioned by you.

I have been unable to use any non-foaming cleansers as I have combo skin, I live in very hot and humid weather, sweat a lot and the non foaming cleansers don't help with the little bit of psoriasis either.
I have tried Body Shop Aloe Cleanser, both Cetaphils, Aveeno Ultra Calming, Free & Clear Liquid Cleanser , Neutrogena Extra Gentle, Clinique Mild Liquid Soap, Purpose Wash, Cerave Hydrating cleanser, Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser and so on.
I'm currently using Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash. I want to try the Good Skin Perfect Balance Gel Cleanser next. Their All Calm Moisture Lotion has good reviews on this forum but it has some kind of Phenyl in it, I may have to look it up.

The derm thinks it may not be psoriasis and rosacea can cause flakes just like psoriasis . I think I'll get a biopsy done to ascertain the true nature of these. It maybe seb dermatitis.
But I do have Rosacea and Metrogel does seem to help with the breakouts, not so much with the redness.
Mikel
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Lisamouries » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Hmmm. Redness is very difficult to get rid of. Do some of the products you mention contain any fragrance as these can make things worse. I also think the Metrogel/Metrocream actually worsen the redness as it is very drying. I apply oil of olay night cream for sensitive skin after the metrogel, once it's been absorbed. I'm trial patching the Kuswera Zuro cream from the little herbal International at the moment. It feels OK although I haven't noticed any real improvement/difference from using the oil of olay.

The other things I do to try and counteract redness is take Clonidine x 3 a day, Saw Palmetto, Omega 3 and Red Light Therapy.
Last edited by Lisamouries on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: spelling again...
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby Mikel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi Lisa,

I don't use anything with fragrance, dyes, lanolin, fomaldehyde etc.
I also take Flaxseed Oil capsules & Co Enzyme q10 supplement.

What is Saw palmetto for ?

I have both the Olay Sensitive Lotion & the Cream but don't use them anymore 'cuz its just paraffin with a dash of aloe & parabens (blush)
Mikel
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Next

Return to Cleansers