Need replacement for untinted ZincO

One little nugget of information about treating rosacea is that the protection provided by a sunscreen will help your rosacea recover. Which one should you use ? We have it all right here.

Need replacement for untinted ZincO

Postby Naprous » Tue May 26, 2015 11:38 pm

Dear friends,

I have had rosacea since 1997, and have been very successful in keeping it under control through avoiding my triggers and by using facial products that agree with my skin.

In particular I have been a dedicated user of untinted Zinco from the Linda Sy days (found out about it here!): no chemical sunscreens, relatively short ingredient list, olive oil... It works for me. But it seems to have vanished from the Rosacea Care website,and they aren't answering my emails about whether or not they intend to bring it back. The tinted stuff is a little too dark for me, unfortunately.

So I'm looking for an alternative. I have been testing the 30 SPF 9.3% zinc oxide from The Honest Company (even available at Costco!) and while it doesn't seem to be irritating my rosacea, it is quite greasy. Even when I wear my usual Jane Iredale mineral makeup over it, I am very shiny.

Does anyone know of something out there with the following characteristics:

Micronized (i.e., not nano) Zinc oxide
No chemical sunscreens at all
Short ingredient list
Not too greasy
Untinted

I am not overly price-sensitive. I was willing, even happy, to pay $31 for 2 oz of Zinco, and I would definitely pay for something in this price range if it worked.

Thanks,

Louisa
Naprous
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Need replacement for untinted ZincO

Postby David Pascoe » Sun May 31, 2015 1:50 pm

I hadn't heard that untinted zinco cream was being discontinued - I hope you get to hear confirmation from them either way.

Also good luck in finding something that works as well for you. I know it can be frustrating when you find something that works and suddenly it disappears !
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Re: Need replacement for untinted ZincO

Postby David Pascoe » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:57 pm

Did you hear back from RosaceaCare Louisa?
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Return to Sunscreens