Galderma are continuing to build out their rosacea portfolio, this time with a new series of anti-redness products in their Cetaphil range. We know that Galderma sees a future in the cosmetic realm, as well as pursuing the prescription treatment market. Cetainly Galderma see their Cetaphil range as a premium product, capable of generating profit world wide.
`Cetaphil Redness Relief – Daily Facial Moisturizer with Sunscreen, Broad Spectrum SPF 20, Redness Prone Skin’ is a lot of title to print on a 50mL tube; what does it contain and is it likely to become a hit with rosacea sufferers? Well firstly lets look at the ingredients and product description to see what sort of product Galderma are promoting.
Cetaphil Redness Relieving Daily Facial Moisturizer Active Ingredients
Titanium Dioxide 10.1%, Zinc Oxide 7.8%
Cetaphil Redness Relieving Daily Facial Moisturizer Inactive Ingredients
Allantoin, Benzyl Alcohol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caffeine, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Chromium Oxide Greens, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dimethicone, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Iron Oxides, Isohexadecane, Magnesium Sulfate, Methylpropanediol, Silica, Tocopherol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trisiloxane, Water.
Physical sunscreen, without any chemical sun protective agents, moisturizing agents, emollients and tinting agents; the list of ingredients is looking promising.
If you are able to use this product for sun protection, moisturizing, and to cover some redness
Galderma’s Marketing Claims
How do Galderma promote this new range of products? Understanding this will help us decide if and where these products might fit into a winning rosacea beatin regime.
Specially formulated for redness-prone skin, this neutral tinted moisturizer neutralizes the appearance of redness, evens skin tone and hydrates the natural protective skin barrier, leaving it soothed and balanced.
- Tinted formula neutralizes the appearance of redness and evens skin tone
- Moisturizes and soothes irritated or sensitive skin
- Mineral-based sunscreen provides UVA/UVB protection
- Suitable for sensitive and redness-prone skin
Haven’t I seen this before?
If you think you have seen this range before then you probably have. Eucerin makes their very similarly named Eucerin Redness Relief.
Cetaphil Redness Relieving Reviews
In general the Cetaphil range of prouducts (cf. Gentle Skin Cleanser, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream) are well tolerated and liked by rosacea sufferers. What about these 2 new products – Redness Relieving Night Moisturizer and Redness Relieving Daily Facial Moisturizer, will they be able to make their way into your daily regime? Leave us a comment below.
Where to Buy?
Amazon stocks the Redness Relieving Range, but one of the advantages of the Cetaphil range is that they are widely available in pharmacies around the world.
- acne.org Cleanser, Jojoba Oil and Moisturizer
- Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream User Reviews
- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser and CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion User Reviews
- Should I moisturize before or after Finacea – it doesn’t matter!
- The Best Moisturisers with Sunscreen
- Tinted Moisturizers, Ever Tried Them ?
- Eucerin Redness Relief User Reviews
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream User Reviews
- Exotic and Expensive Cosmetics, Do They Work ?
- What is the Best Moisturizer for Rosacea ?