Rosacea in Australia
Most of the members of the rosacea-support mailing list are based in North America. Thus much of the discussion is about treatments available there. This page aims to collect information about treatments that are available locally in Australia. This may still mean using the internet to order products though.
On this page you will find information about how to find a dermatologist in Australia, how to find a local IPL or photoderm clinic, a few ideas for cleansers and other rosacea topicals.
You Won’t Believe This
Seriously, you won’t believe this, but Australia has the cheapest rosacea treatments in the world!
The list of IPL machines in Australia has grown and is now on its own page. Last updated 8/7/2005.
- Photoderm IPL Australia
- Photoderm IPL Canberra ACT
- Photoderm IPL Sydney New South Wales
- Photoderm IPL Brisbane Queensland
- Photoderm IPL Adelaide South Australia
- Photoderm IPL Hobart Tasmania
- Photoderm IPL Melbourne Victoria
- Photoderm IPL Perth Western Australia
You will need to get a referal from your G.P. to visit a dermatologist.
- Dermatologists Sydney, New South Wales
- Dermatologists Melbourne, Victoria
- Dermatologists Brisbane, Queensland
- Dermatologists Perth, Western Australia
- Dermatologists Adelaide, South Australia
- Dermatologists Hobart, Tasmania
- Dermatologists Darwin, Northern Territory
A gentle cleanser is the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, (see US link at Galderma for more information) which is available from pharmacists, at around $11 a bar.
Rosacure is a “a cosmetic product which may be useful for improving the appearance of reddened skin”. The makers only make gentle claims about its effectiveness. It has received an ok review as a moisturiser from group members. The Australian distributors offer a free sample to Australian residents if you email firstname.lastname@example.org