The NRS has posted a video on their weblog from the AAD Meeting held March 1-5 in Miami, Florida.
In the video Sam Huff, the Executive Director of the National Rosacea Society thanks several doctors by name.
These doctors should be somewhat known to rosacea sufferers who follow Rosacea News. See below for the names of who was thanked and for a link to some background on their involvement with Rosacea.
Doctors Thanked by the NRS
- Dr. Lynn Drake of Harvard Medical School and editor of Rosacea Review (see Treating Each Rosacea Symptom).
- Dr. Mark Dahl, professor emeritus at the Mayo Clinic and former president of the AAD (see The Official Rosacea Treatments ).
- Dr. John Wolf, chairman of dermatology at Baylor University for Media Relations (see News anchor gets burned by photo facial and How to Prevent Antibiotic Resistance ).
- Dr. Richard Granstein, chairman of dermatology at Cornell University, a grant recipient and member of the Medical Advisory Board. (see ATP Role in rosacea being studied ).
- Dr. Alexa Kimball, director of the Clinical Unit for Research Trials in Skin at Harvard Medical School – also now a member of the Medical Advisory Board (see Sun linked to rosacea, but which came first ? ).
- Dr. Martin Steinhoff, head of the rosacea research group at the University of California – San Francisco – also now a member of the Medical Advisory Board. (see Neuropeptide PACAP Modulators for Neurogenic Rosacea, Neurogenic Rosacea: a new subtype for those with dysfunctional nerves and Why Has No One Found a Cure for Rosacea? ).
Major Corporate Sponsor
Galderma is named and thanked as the major corporate sponsor for the NRS over 20 years.