Banish Rosacea Review (now Eliminate Rosacea) Booklet

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Re: "Banish Rosacea" Booklet

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:12 am

I'm going to die! I had a post to ScottishKitten too, took 15+ minutes to cut and paste from the Banish Rosacea e-book, etc. and went to preview it-----it's gone! (vangry)

I'm going to try once more.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:42 am

To ScottishKitten: I wish I was in Scotland!

Let's see, what did I type in my vanished post? (doh) I don't think people should have to buy the e-book, and I do wish I could post the whole entire thing, but that's not okay. But what might be okay is me posting bits and pieces; truly, the first two chapters are useless, so I'll post from chapter 3 and 4, cutting out the doctor-bashing and the chatter.

Chapter Three--Relief at Last

"Some people are not able to purge toxic wastes from their systems as efficiently as others.....toxic wastes build up this causes, among other problems....rosacea. The diet and the supplements....help purge these toxins from the body....one thing that clued me in was a discovery made by a major medical institute, which did a study of 5000 rosacea sufferers.....93.7% of the rosacea sufferers in the study had a serious bodily deficiency in common.....this amino acid serves as a major anti-inflammatory agent....Lysine is the amino acid which is missing from the bodies of almost all rosacea sufferers, and which is found in the body of people who do not suffer from rosacea....Lysine works best when taken on an empty stomach, so I take it just before I go to bed.

....I took hydrochloric acid....many people who suffer from rosacea don’t produce enough of this acid in their stomachs.....when you lack hydrochloric acid in your system, this sets off a chain reaction that can result in redness and flushing of the skin....I started out taking 600 mg of hydrochloric acid with each meal....You can cut that dose in half if you find it causes stomach discomfort. As soon as it starts working....you can reduce the dose that you are taking. Once you start taking the supplement, your body on its own naturally begins to produce more of it, so within a few months you should be able to stop taking the hydrochloric acid.

...I began adding certain foods to my diet....foods which are known to calm and soothe the inflammation caused by rosacea. These foods include beneficial fats, such as food which contains a lot of omega-3 essential fatty acids....cold-water fish include halibut, salmon, herring, mackerel, and sardines. Omega 3 fatty acids are important to your health and are needed for many bodily functions, but the body does not produce any Omega 3 fatty acids....If you are a vegetarian or if you just hate fish, add one tablespoon of flax-seed to your diet every day. You can make a salad dressing with it.

....not all fatty acids are helpful to rosacea sufferers. Omega 6 fatty acids are also healthy and necessary in small amounts, but they have a side effect - they promote inflammation....Omega 6 fatty acids are found in red meats.

I also eliminated food and drink that has been shown to aggravate the symptoms of rosacea....once your rosacea symptoms are gone....you can cut back on it a little, just be cautious. **by which he means you can have some of the trigger foods sometimes, introducing them slowly**....When I eat or drink any dairy products such as milk or cheese, I only use fat-free versions. Animal products contain an acid that is converted by the human body into substances that promote inflammation. There is less of this acid contained in dairy products that are fat-free.

I avoid food and drink that causes flushing....Alcohol, hot beverages, and spicy foods can cause flushing. Red wine and aged cheeses are also major culprits in this area; you will want to avoid them completely.

Other foods to avoid include:
• Salt, especially refined salt and table salt
• Aspartame, the artificial sweetener;
• MSG, a flavoring frequently used in Chinese food, which causes flushing and also headaches;
• Food additives and food coloring;
• The hormones in milk and other dairy products;
• Pesticides that are frequently found on fruits and vegetables; wash them thoroughly!
• Sugar, especially refined sugar
• Corn Syrup
• Chocolate
• Alcoholic Beverages
• Baking powder
• Fried foods
• Coca Cola, Pepsi, other sodas

Chapter Four--Supplements and Other Natural Remedies

Zinc is a dietary supplement that has been used by many people to reduce the symptoms of their rosacea. In fact, in medical studies, zinc has been shown to reduce the severity of rosacea symptoms by up to 75 percent....discovered during “double-blind studies”....Over the course of three months, one of the groups took a dose of 23 mg of zinc two to three times a day, and the other does took a placebo. The symptoms of the group that took the zinc were clearly diminished by the end of the three months.....consult with a doctor before doing this; taking zinc can cause copper deficiency. Zinc is found in oysters, beans, nuts, dairy products, and whole grains....it is important not to take TOO much zinc as it can have negative side effects. Taking TOO much zinc can actually reduce immune function and cause effects like nausea and vomiting.

Another natural supplement that many rosacea sufferers have used is the burdock plant.....it is said to have antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, and to stimulate the immune system and purify the body of toxins. It can be obtained....in various forms including in tea, in pill or capsule form, in a tincture, and in ointments.

Another all natural solution....applied externally, on the face....Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar....distributed by Live Food Products, Inc. It should be applied twice a day, one in the morning and once at night, with a cotton ball soaked in the vinegar....The redness should be noticeably dissipated within just a few days....should see a huge improvement within weeks. Apple Cider Vinegar consumed with meals will also help some rosacea sufferers. It provides the stomach with acid, which many rosacea sufferers lack. **exercise caution with this one, topically! It has caused one member extreme irritation**

Eating pineapple or papaya juice has been shown to help some people with rosacea.

....to help create a healthy balance of intestinal flora, it helps to eat natural, plain yogurt which contains live yogurt cultures. The bacteria in yogurt actually bind to the inner surface of the intestines, blocking harmful bacteria from being absorbed....I mentioned how h. pylori is suspected to play a role in causing rosacea symptoms in some people. “Probiotic” yogurt plays a very beneficial role in reducing the amount of h. pylori in people’s intestines. People suffering from rosacea often have an unhealthy balance of intestinal flora.

Other foods which help to promote a healthy balance of intestinal flora include kefir and also lactic acid fermented vegetables such as fermented red beets or raw sauerkraut."
Last edited by CrabbyCathy on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: had to edit a bit more out, to avoid legal issues and upsets
Cathy (makeup)
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Lisamouries » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:43 am

Wow, thanks Cathy for those useful chapters. The colour coding of each chapter is a great idea for clarity.
Cheers.
Lisa M.

BTW. Do you think the Lysine actually does help?
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby scottishkitten » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:53 am

It's alright, found it very amusing that the site took a dislike to my post - technology just loves me.

I was just asking with regards to the Banish Rosacea booklet by Robert Campbell, CrabbyCathy was kind enough to list the ingredients suggested to take, but I had been looking for a little more info on dosage i.e milligram amount per capsule/tablet, and how often to take the supplements like once or twice daily.

CrabbyCathy was also kind enough to forward me an actual copy of the booklet, many thanks. I'll see what I can russle up with getting it more permenantly stored on a sharing website i.e z-share or as a torrent and post the link here for future seekers of the booklet, saves everyone hastling CrabbyCathy constantly for a copy - don't worry this site wouldn't incur any liability for breach of copyright or anything (it's only a link), that would fall on me for posting it to a sharing website. But they won't catch me, see! I have many hills to run to and sheep to hide behind! Tally-ho! (yahoo)

Simone Irvine
Alloa, Scotland.
scottishkitten
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Lisamouries wrote:Wow, thanks Cathy for those useful chapters. The colour coding of each chapter is a great idea for clarity.
Cheers.
Lisa M.

BTW. Do you think the Lysine actually does help?

I only gave it a short try, because I was into my "try everything at once and if it doesn't work immediately, do something else" mode, so I can't really say. However, I just received my order of something called Herpanacine, which contains--ta da!--lysine! I'm going to try again. I didn't order it from the following website, but this is where you can really read about it. http://www.diamondformulas.com/herpana.htm
Cathy (makeup)
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby LinDAvid5862 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:12 am

Hi, I just joined tonight. I bought the Banish Rosacea booklet recently, but haven't tried any of the things it mentioned yet. I was wondering if I had wasted my money, but I guess it probably does have some good info...I just have to try some of the things out. I was lucky and got the booklet for $10.00 off, because after I tried to close the page, a pop-up came up saying if I would buy it (I think like within 10 minutes) I could save $10.00...but still, to pay even that much, I want it to work! In stead of taking Lysine supplements, I rather try to eat foods that have Lysine in them. I started a search tonight on "Lysine". Hopefully, I can find some foods I can eat with Lysine in them.
Linda
LinDAvid5862
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Lisamouries » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:39 pm

Welcome Linda.
Do let us know what you find out about which foods contain lysine and how you get on.
Take care.
Lisa M.

Cathy. Herpanacine sounds rather interesting. Certainly hope it can help. Look forward to hear more.
Last edited by Lisamouries on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added note to Cathy.
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby Ann Alice A. » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:01 pm

Many thanks, Cathy, for posting those chapters - I'm usually leery about the "big sell" and the title seemed too good to be true, so I never considered buying it. But after reading that others on this board are interested in it, I figured that maybe I should buy it too. But after viewing your post, I decided to print out said chapters and hope to get some more insight (the comment about needing lysine sounded interesting; I don't recall reading about in other books I have). You've done a great service to us - once again, many thanks.
-Ann
Ann Alice A.
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby RogRox » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:11 pm

Hi,
I'm new here. I just got done reading all your post on the "Banish Rosacea" Booklet. I found your postings after I Google Banish Rosacea to see if the booklet was a real booklet or just someone looking for a little quick cash!! So my question is dose it work or I should say is it worth $29???? I have had Rosacea for over 15 years now and I think I have tried every pill and cream under the sun!! But I still have the red face and I look like I have the chicken pox!
Roxanne
Last edited by RogRox on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RogRox
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby yoli » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Hi RogRox you have had Rosacea for 15 years and nothing has ever kept it in control? wow!!! that is not good to hear especially for those like me that have only been with it for 2 years and I am dying!!!!
yoli
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies