Banish Rosacea Review (now Eliminate Rosacea) Booklet

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Banish Rosacea Review (now Eliminate Rosacea) Booklet

Postby CrabbyCathy » Fri May 30, 2008 3:10 am

*edit: April 17, 2010**

I do not have the ebook for forwarding any longer, and all pertinent information is posted in this thread, on page 8.

Thank you :)
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi,

I found a website that seemed interesting while doing a google search, thought "what the heck" and ordered it (it's a book/booklet you download right after paying for it via PayPal). And you know what? Despite all the CURE YOUR ROSACEA!-type comments that are in bold all over the place, which would normally make me think twice, it actually has some very good advice. Some I had read about in You Are What You Eat, by Dr. Gillian McKeith, and other stuff I read on this website. Some I had never heard of before and am trying it out!

It's not about some miracle cream or pill, just dietary changes, some supplements, herbs, etc. I quite like it, although before saying "Yes! This works!" I would have to remember to consistently take the supplements daily, which I am going to try very hard to do so that I can report back to everyone. (Even inconsistently taking the supplements and avoiding dairy, my skin does look better)

http://www.banishrosacea.com
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Re: "Banish Rosacea" Booklet

Postby Aurelia » Fri May 30, 2008 10:33 am

Hi Cathy,

It's good to hear you are improving. Do please continue to keep us posted.

This guy's salesmanship comes straight from an internet marketing or telesales guidebook, right down to the breathless "You won't pay $100.00, you won't pay $50.00, you won't even pay $39.00! If you order now, you can get instant access ... for the absurdly low price of only $29.95! That's right, only $29.95 ..."

That Robert Campbell can't remember whether he cured himself two years ago or three is unimpressive. Likewise the incorrect definition of agoraphobia, the pathetically silly "call an ambulance!" story, the shock! horror! language, plus throwing in the old claim that doctors want us kept ill. (See Quackwatch's comment rebutting the same claims about cancer cures: http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... iracy.html )

Offering a 100% money-back guarantee (+ $20 for your trouble) is great, but it falls down if the business fails. It's only a few months since the last dodgy firm offering a rosacea remedy with a full money-back guarantee quietly closed down.

"Banishing" rosacea "permanently", attaining "complete remission", with redness "completely gone" so "it will be almost impossible to get rosacea again"? Wonderful, but highly unlikely, going just by his hints.

A recent scientific study by "a major medical institute" of "over 5,000 life-long rosacea sufferers aged from 25 to 75" should be easy to track down, especially with such a specific figure as 93.7% of the rosaceans being deficient in one critical amino acid "found plentifly (sic) in the bodies of all people without rosacea". Yet I can't find any trace of it on the net.

The only thing I can think of is l-lysine, which several rosaceans use and find mildly beneficial - and freely post about. Cathy, were you sworn to secrecy not to let on what treatments you are using?

As for the "dirt cheap item you can find at your grocery store that will reduce your rosacea up to 75%", with most of these rosacea ad men, it turns out to be cider vinegar. A "dirt-cheap substance you rub on your face" to make it paler might be bicarbonate of soda, although that is hardly "little known".

Anyone got any better guesses?

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby Aurelia » Fri May 30, 2008 11:29 am

Further thoughts IF it is l-lysine ... and it might not be.

(1) Isn't there an easy alternative to supplementing with l-lysine in just cutting back on foods rich in arginine? (Someone please correct me if I've got that wrong.)

(2) It sounds like the web site S. K. Gustafsson of Seattle set up a few years ago to sell the idea that rosacea could be cured in three days with lysine. (He had only mild rosacea mostly limited to his forehead.)

A heck of a lot of people set up internet sites to grab a bit of money off sick people, then have their idea swiped by someone else, often with a few more 'household cures' tossed in and some pseudo-scientific gloss washed over the lot.

I might be wrong, but strongly suspect that's the case here.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby David Pascoe » Fri May 30, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi Cathy,

So you actually paid for it ? Good on you for giving it a try and reporting back to us all.

I'm not sure that we need another amateur rosacea diet book though.

It would be great to get a friendly nutritionist on side and see what they come up with. That might be something worth thinking about in the future.

davidp.
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby CrabbyCathy » Sat May 31, 2008 5:39 am

Aurelia wrote: Cathy, were you sworn to secrecy not to let on what treatments you are using?

Okay, wow. I feel a little blasted! :S ;(

No, I was not sworn to secrecy, and I'm not trying to promote this guy's booklet for him, I just didn't think I could type out everything in the book without violating some kind of law--copyright, whatever it may be. If anyone knows that I will not get in trouble, then I would be glad to share what's in the booklet, even e-mail the PDF file that I bought to whomever wants it. I just wanted to post something that might be helpful to others, since to me it didn't seem like some wacky, crazy ideas, just everything I had read about condensed in one booklet, with some other nutritional and supplement recommendations. I did skim over the part about his needing an ambulance for his rosacea (chapter two), which I do admit is quite stupid. "I'm :oops: ; call 911!" What the heck?

I have not yet tried the vinegar (and it mentions Certified Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar as the particular vinegar to use internally and externally), but only because a) I am already taking HCL tablets before meals and b) my face is doing well with my chinese herbal creams/no dairy, and I don't want to put the vinegar on my face just yet.

So that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! (as they say)
Cathy (makeup)
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Aurelia » Sat May 31, 2008 8:16 am

CrabbyCathy wrote:Okay, wow. I feel a little blasted! :S ;(

I'm really, really sorry about that, Cathy. It wasn't my intention at all. You are a totally genuine member and no one could remotely imagine that you were promoting this fellow or his sales site. It was good of you to tell us as much as you did, and I genuinely hope that the advice you have paid for will help you.

It's just that with almost every difficult medical condition, there are lots of people who set up web sites to make money off sufferers and they usually promise that they can cure everyone, and although their advice might help some people, it never helps more than a small minority.

The last such person I had any personal contact with was a few years back. He posted at the RSG desperate for help with his rosacea, then a few short months later he was setting up in business with his own line of herbs that had cured him several years earlier - plus tales of how mothers would literally thrust sick babies into his arms begging him to cure them. So I'm afraid I get a bit jaundiced about these "I can cure you all!" people.

However, I have nothing at all against genuine people who bring these salesmen to our attention. Some day, one of them might actually be right ... it's just that I wouldn't spend my money to find out.

CrabbyCathy wrote:No, I was not sworn to secrecy, and I'm not trying to promote this guy's booklet for him, I just didn't think I could type out everything in the book without violating some kind of law--copyright, whatever it may be.

True, and you would get writer's cramp, but when vendors make a big deal about how the big ideas are strictly secret, they sometimes ask purchasers to sign an agreement not to tell others what is involved.

I am genuinely glad that you are happy with the value of the booklet you bought and hope you can report back that your rosacea is banished, extinct, etc.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby CrabbyCathy » Sat May 31, 2008 11:00 pm

Hello!

I guess this is my first time finding something like this online; I have seen products promising to cure rosacea, with wonderful claims, then I read the ingredients and they're made out of, like, vaseline and water or something. I exagerate, but you know what I mean. I haven't seen someone yet like that man you mentioned; I hope he got his website shut down! I understand where you're coming from, then. (hug2)

How about this: I will list what herbs, etc. are in the booklet. Let me go look.

1. Lysine
2. HCL supplements
3. Omega-3 (avoid Omega-6)
4. Dietary changes (avoid dairy, red meat, soda etc.)
5. Zinc
6. Burdock (still have to try this one, although I bought it)
7. The lovely apple cider vinegar, either internally for stomach acid or topically
8. Eat yogurt/probiotics
9. Call an ambulance if you're :oops: (kidding!)

Think I'll get in trouble for that? Nah. Wait....I hear a police siren....
Cathy (makeup)
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Aurelia » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:38 am

Hey Cathy,

Thanks for being so sweet about this. You are a lovely, kind, considerate person - that shines through your posts - and I would hate to offend you. (hug2)

There are two main groups of people trying to make a profit from rosacea: those pushing product, whether its something they made or something they're being paid to promote, and those pushing ideas and charging for them.

Like most rosaceans, I find the latter tacky and exploitative, but don't object to any of them per se, as long as it's kept honest. Hence our rules that anyone posting about something in which they have a financial interest must prominently declare that interest, and that they should respect the fact that the boards are meant for the free exchange of helpful information.

Since this author has taken the time and trouble to include a lot of reasonable background information and isn't just trying to sell a few words of info, then I have no objection. After all, you bought the book and felt you weren't being ripped off, and that's the test, isn't it?

Thanks for listing the treatments being promoted. Quite a few members have tried various combinations like that over the years and seen modest improvements, so it will almost certainly fail to live up to his claims of banishing rosacea "permanently", putting people into "complete remission", and making it "almost impossible to get rosacea again", but we shall see.

As for the dietary suggestions, they mostly sound very sensible. Boosting Omega-3 and cutting back on Omega-6 is now so widely recognised, few regard it as anything other than mainstream nutritional advice, ditto not drinking soda.

Avoiding dairy products and red meat is more controversial, but I'm currently reading "The China Study" by T. Colin Campbell, PhD (an Emeritus Professor of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University who has written more than 300 research papers) with his son Thomas M. Campbell II (BenBella Books, 2004). This really should be read by everyone following a high protein diet, especially if they're feeding that same diet to other members of their families. The Campbells don't actually use the phrase "dicing with death", but it certainly makes for scary reading. (Perhaps I should start a new thread on that in the diet section.)

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby Jim » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:27 am

New to this forum. I too saw this leaflet. My initial thoughts were, if he could really cure the suffering of millions of people and cost the drugs industry billions in the process - then why charge $20. Just make it free, both fame and fortune not to mention top spot on talk show of his choice would surely follow.

I was tempted though, guess I`m just desperate. Which is why I did another search trying to find its content - so thanks Cathy. And I came across this forum too, cant be bad.

Jim.
Jim
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:26 am

Hi,

I can say with certainty (at least for me) that one piece of advice from this booklet is absolutely true. The booklet says to avoid soda, which I had been. Then, my skin looked so good after my IPL and some new soothing creams, I didn't even need concealer--just a teeny dab. So I decided to have a soda. Next day, another. Then another. Bam, p&p and redness came back. I had to do another cleanse, apply a little of my ZZ ointment with the sulfer, and my skin is slowly calming down. I could kick myself!
Cathy (makeup)
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Next

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies