RLT/LLLT + Lowdose Accutane

Like to get some expert advice for IPL or Laser therapy for rosacea ? Post your question here and one of our helpful Laser and IPL Doctors will offer their thoughts on your query.
nbapoker
I'm new here
I'm new here

RLT/LLLT + Lowdose Accutane

Post by nbapoker »

I know it is recommended to take about 6 months in between stopping accutane and doing IPL/Laser, but what about RLT? The Lowdose accutane really helps w/ the clogged pores, so I would like to be able to stay on it and use RLT while on it to help w/ flushing and stinging? could I do that? How about LLLT?
drsoldo
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: RLT/LLLT + Lowdose Accutane

Post by drsoldo »

Disclosure
This information does not constitute medical advice. Any individual who believes they are suffering from any medical condition, including, but not limited to rosacea, should seek treatment from a licensed medical physician who is qualified to diagnose and treat the particular condition. Nicholas Soldo, M. D.
My opinion is that RLT should not be a problem and as for LLLT is I have had no experience and one of the reasons is that I have not been impressed that it has any great value so do not include it in my practice.DR S
Artist
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Post by Artist »

Thanks Dr. Soldo! So nice of you to help.

Since it seems we often use the acronym/term LLLT when referring to Red Light Therapy, I'll clarify for others that I think you are referring to very low level laser when you use that acronym here. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

Cheers!

Artist
drsoldo
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Post by drsoldo »

That is correct--I have very little faith in low level laser but am a big fan of RLT--DR S
nbapoker
I'm new here
I'm new here

Post by nbapoker »

Dr. Soldo, how do you feel about Blue light in combination with Red light? Also, I have heard that 830 nm LED helps with pain, what do you think of that type of LED?

Thanks in advance

P.S.- is there a certain LED machine that you would recommend? A certain brand?
drsoldo
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Post by drsoldo »

Disclosure
This information does not constitute medical advice. Any individual who believes they are suffering from any medical condition, including, but not limited to rosacea, should seek treatment from a licensed medical physician who is qualified to diagnose and treat the particular condition. Nicholas Soldo, M. D.
I generally reserve the blue light for acne patients or rosacea patients with an acne component--I have used the red LEDs in the 800 range for skin ulcerations etc and do not know their effect on pain--the most widely used LEDs are from Omnilux but can be pricey, but effective--A patient of mine purchased one online(ebay??) for about 2000 and uses it daily and loves it--DR S